Friday, March 25, 2011

Fun Fact Friday - Tom Hanks

Did you know that actor Tom Hanks was born in Concord, CA on July 9, 1956, and his full name is Thomas Jeffrey Hanks?

My favorite Tom Hanks roles were in The Green Mile, Forrest Gump, and Saving Private Ryan.  All three of those movies have the power to make me stop what I’m doing to sit down and watch them.  For those of you who know me, you know how much power that takes. lol

A Few Fun Facts

Tom studied Theater at Chabot College and transferred to California State UniversitySacramento. 

Tom wanted to become an Astronaut, but wasn’t good enough at math.

In June 2006 Hanks was inducted as an honorary member of the United States Army Rangers Hall of Fame for his role in Private Ryan (one of my personal favorites)

There are several interesting things about his life, but I thought this quote speaks to the importance of a community to a child.  "Since I moved around so much as a kid, I didn't have an awful lot of friends.” – Tom Hanks

Here’s a man who’s been in multiple blockbuster movies and has enjoyed success in television, writing, directing, and producing.  He also seems pretty darn likeable and you might just assume he would have all the friends he could ever want.  Makes you think about creating roots for your kids, doesn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment